Early Discoveries’ menus are specially planned and designed to meet the nutritional needs of young children. Our menus follow nutritional guidelines set forth by DCFS and Bright Horizons Healthy Eating Standards through fun, delicious and child-friendly meal options.
Questions about menus or ingredients: Call Jon Price, Abbott Food Service Manager at (224) 668-7532 ext. 254 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Discoveries works with families to manage a range of children’s allergies. If your child has an allergy, you need to:
- Complete a Food Allergy Action Plan and update annually, or whenever there is a change, including a new or added allergy, to specify required treatment for an allergic reaction. An updated form is also required when an allergy no longer needs treatment. All of these documents require a physician signature.
- Complete a Food Preference Form for any other food restrictions.
- Complete an Allergy Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge that your child’s information will be posted on an allergy chart. This form also is to let you know that we need a Doctor’s note to delete any allergy from a child’s file.
Additionally, the following forms may be necessary:
- Suspected Food Allergy Intolerance: This form is to be filled out when you suspect that your child has an allergy.
- Medication Authorization Form: This form is what we use to document when we administer the medication to your child.
- Health Care Plans: These are forms that you get filled out by your doctor when your child has any of the following conditions:
As well, please see our policies on Celebrating Birthdays at Early Discoveries.
Please email Rachel Belk regarding all allergies, health care plans or other health and safety questions.